Wednesday, March 28, 2012

we got an exciting email

We received our first birth mother email today. In said emails, Journeys provides prospective adoptive families with the mother’s biography and asks them to decide if they’d like her to see their portfolio. For confidentiality’s sake, I’m not going to share any of the details of the email; however, I will say that it was quite exciting to get it and we responded affirmatively, stating that we’d like to be considered. I thinking we should know something, either way, in about two weeks (although, that’s only a guess).

The email was also had a serious emotional impact on me. As some of you may know, I had a gender preference, although our agency does not allow us to choose, since you wouldn’t be able to choose if you were pregnant. Today’s email was about a baby of the other gender, but I was still super excited. I didn’t even stop to think for split second, my thought was yes (right away). It made me realize that gender doesn’t really matter (which I knew deep in my heart already) and I’ll be thrilled with any baby no matter the gender.

I’m sure there are many families who will be considered, but I’m still excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment