Monday, March 26, 2012

now we wait

Our home study was officially approved by our agency on March 13th. A few days later we turned in five copies of our portfolio to both the Oregon and Washington offices. We have reached the waiting/preparation phase of our adoption process. Yesterday, we received our service plan, which outlines the activities we must complete prior to placement. I’ll share more about that in another post.

Our conversations with family and friends continue. We have been discussing everything from raising a child of another race to finances to child care to the best car seats. I think that I’ve been quiet lately about my feelings and my plans because we really don’t know when we will be selected. I somehow feel disingenuous, like we’re faking it. It really would be easier if we were pregnant because then we at least have a specific date for the baby’s arrival. Obviously, we will have a specific deadline once we are selected, but at that point we won’t have much time to prepare. It’s a catch 22.

One thing I can say, the service plan will help motivate me to get some things done. It will help us prioritize and start to determine what we should get done in advance, even if we haven’t been selected yet.

So here’s to the waiting…may it be filled with lots of progress on our service plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment